I like being part of collegial intellectual communities, and aim to make them more inclusive and generous where I can.
- A co-creator and manager of The Research Whisperer with Jonathan O’Donnell (2011-present).
- Founder and member of the La Trobe University #ShutUpAndWiki group (2018-present).
- A quarterly columnist for Research Professional’s Funding Insight (2016-present)
- An Editorial Advisory Board member for Journal of Australian Studies (2019-present)
- An academic advisory committee member for the Foundation of Australian Studies in China (FASIC; 2018-present)
- An Editorial Advisory Board member for Journal of Intercultural Studies (2010-present).
- A member of the Asian Australian Studies Research Network (AASRN; 2006-present).
I’ve previously been:
- A monthly columnist at Eureka Street (2017-2018)
- The founding convenor of the Asian Australian Studies Research Network (AASRN; 2006-2017).
- An Editorial Advisory Board member for Australian Universities’ Review (2015-2017).
- A founding Editorial Advisor for Peril: An Asian Australian magazine of arts + culture (2006-2013).
- An editor for Journal of Intercultural Studies (2006-2010).
- Executive committee member for the International Australian Studies Association (InASA) (2005–2011).