If you have issues accessing my journal papers or book chapters through your institution, contact me for a copy.
- KHOO, T. (2021) ‘Creating spaces to develop research culture.’ International Journal of Academic Development. DOI: 10.1080/1360144X.2021.1987913
- KHOO, T., J. Burford, E. Henderson, H. Liu, and Z Nicolazzo. (2021) ‘Not Getting Over It: The Impact of Sara Ahmed’s Work within Critical University Studies.’ Journal of Intercultural Studies 42:1, 84-98. DOI: 10.1080/07256868.2020.1859209
- Kwok, J. T. Kwok, and T. KHOO. (2017) ‘Asian Australian Mobilities—Cultural, Social, and Political.’ Journal of Australian Studies 41.3: 277-286. DOI: 10.1080/14443058.2017.1344998
- KHOO, T., and R. Noonan. (2011) ‘Wartime Fundraising by Chinese Australian Communities.’ Australian Historical Studies 42.1: 92-110. DOI: 10.1080/1031461X.2010.541472
- KHOO, T., and R. Noonan. (2011) ‘Going for Gold: Creating a Chinese Heritage Festival in Nundle, New South Wales.’ Continuum 25.4: 491-502. DOI: 10.1080/10304312.2011.575217
- Lo, J., D. Chan, and T. KHOO. (2010) ‘Asian Australia and Asian America – Transnational Connections.’ Amerasia 36.2: xiii-xxx. DOI: 10.17953/amer.36.2.v2726272r87160n7
- KHOO, T., and J. Lo. (2008) ‘Asia@Home: New Trajectories in Asian Australian Studies.’ Journal of Australian Studies 32.4: 425-432. DOI: 10.1080/14443050802471327
- Misajon, R., and T. KHOO. (2008) ‘Pinoy TV: Imagining the Filippino-Australian Community.’ Journal of Australian Studies 32.4: 455-466. DOI: 10.1080/14443050802471368
- KHOO, T. (2004) ‘The Contagion within.’ Borderlands 3.3.
- KHOO, T. (2001) ‘Re-siting Australian identity: Configuring the Chinese citizen in Diana Giese’s Astronauts, Lost Souls and Dragons and William Yang’s Sadness.’ Otherland Literary Journal 7: 93-109.
- Lo, J., T. KHOO, and H. Gilbert. (2000) ‘New Formations in Asian-Australian Cultural Politics.’ Journal of Australian Studies / Australian Cultural History; Special Joint Issue JAS no. 65 / ACH no. 19: 1-12. DOI: 10.1080/14443050009387580
- KHOO, T. (2000) ‘Selling Sexotica: Oriental Grunge and Suburbia in Lillian Ng’s Swallowing Clouds.’ Journal of Australian Studies / Australian Cultural History; Special Joint Issue JAS no. 65 / ACH no. 19: 164-172. DOI: 10.1080/14443050009387600
- KHOO, T. (1999) ‘Fetishising flesh: Asian-Australian and Asian-Canadian representation, porno-culinary genres, and the radically marked body.’ M/C Journal 2.3: 1-3. DOI: 10.5204/mcj.1755
- KHOO, T. (1996) ‘Who are we talking about? Asian-Australian women writers: An overview.’ Hecate 22.2: 11-30.
- [forthcoming] KHOO, T., J. Burford, and J. Fyffe. (2021) ‘Creating care-full conditions is institutional work: Research developers as campus earthworms.’ Healthy Relationships in Higher Education: Promoting Wellbeing Across Academia. Ed. N. Lemon. Routledge.
- [forthcoming] Burford, J., J. Fyffe, and T. KHOO. (2021) ‘Working with/against imposter syndrome: Research educators’ reflections.’ The Palgrave Handbook of ‘Imposter Syndrome’ in Higher Education. Ed. M. Addison, M. Breeze, and Y. Taylor. Palgrave.
- KHOO, T. (2018) ‘The right kind of ambition.’ Mindfulness in the academy: Practices and perspectives from scholars. Ed. N. Lemon and S. McDonough. New York: Springer. 233-245.
- KHOO, T. (2017) ‘Sustaining Asian Australian Scholarly Activism Online.’ The Digital Academic: Critical Perspectives on Digital Technologies in Higher Education. Ed. D. Lupton, I. Mewburn, and P. Thomson. Abingdon, UK and New York: Routledge. 91-104.
- KHOO, T. (2014) ‘Right back where we started from’, in Being ‘In and Out’: Providing Voice to Early Career Women in Academia. Ed. N. Lemon and S. Garvis. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. 57-67.
- KHOO, T. (2010) ‘Narrating Success: Chinese Australians and Cultural Citizenship.’ Modern Australian Criticism and Theory: A Critical Guide. Ed. G. Wang and D. Carter. Qingdao and Edinburgh: China Ocean UP and Edinburgh UP. 273-282. (translated into Chinese)
- KHOO, T. (2009) ‘Common Ground? Deploying Asian North American Studies in Australia.’ Virtually American? Denationalizing North American Studies. Ed. M. Banerjee. Heidelberg: Carl Winter UP. 123-34.
- KHOO, T. (2009) ‘Affirming Cosmopolitanism? Chineseness and the Chinese Museum of Queensland.’ China Abroad: Travels, Spaces, Subjects. Ed. E. Ho and J. Kuehn. Hong Kong UP. 209-24, 257-58.
- KHOO, T. (2008) ‘Locating Asian Australian Cultures.’ Locating Asian Australian Cultures. Ed. T. Khoo. London and New York: Routledge. 1-9.
- KHOO, T. (2005) “’We are one but we are many’: representations of Chinese-Australian heritage.” Beyond Good and Evil?: Essays on Literature and Culture of the Asia-Pacific Region. Ed. D. Haskell, M. McKinlay, and P. Rich. Crawley, WA: U of Western Australia P. 121-131.
- KHOO, T. (2003) ‘Angry Yellow Men: Asian-Australian and Asian-Canadian Masculinities.’ Asian Masculinities: The Meaning and Practice of Manhood in China and Japan. Ed. K. Louie and M. Low. London and New York: RoutledgeCurzon P. 220-243.
- KHOO, T. (2000) “The Ocker Ethnic: Hung Le and Australian Cultural Identity.” Interactions: Asian and Pacific Literatures. Ed. D. Haskell and R. Shapiro. Perth: Centre for the Study of Australian Literature and U of Western Australia P. 55-62.
- KHOO, T., P. Ward, and J. O’Donnell. (2021 – under contract) Getting Research Funded: Five Essential Rules for Early Career Researchers. Part of the ‘Insider Guides to Success in Academia’ (Series editors: P. Thomson and H. Kara). Routledge.
- KHOO, T. (2003) Banana Bending: Asian-Australian and Asian-Canadian Literatures. Hong Kong & Montreal: Hong Kong UP & McGill-Queens UP.
EDITED BOOKS and SPECIAL ISSUE JOURNALS
- KHOO, T., and J. T. Kwok (eds). (2017) Journal of Australian Studies. ‘Asian Australian mobilities: Cultural, social, political.’ 41.3.
- Reeves, K., and T. KHOO (eds). (2011) Australian Historical Studies. ‘Dragon Tails: Re-Interpreting Chinese-Australian History.’ 42.1.
- Lo, J., D. Chan, and T. KHOO (eds). (2010) Amerasia. ‘Asian Australia and Asian America: Transnational Connections.’ 36.2.
- KHOO, T., and J. Lo (eds). (2008) Journal of Australian Studies. ‘Asia@Home: New Trajectories in Asian Australian Studies.’ 32.4.
- KHOO, T. (ed). (2008) Locating Asian Australian Cultures. London and New York: Routledge.
- KHOO, T. and K. Louie (eds). (2005) Culture, Identity, Commodity: Diasporic Chinese Literatures in English. Hong Kong and Montreal: Hong Kong and McGill-Queens UP.
- KHOO, T. (ed). (2003) Asian Studies Review. ‘Diaspora.’ 27.2.
- Newman, P., T. KHOO, and K. Goldie (eds). (2001) M/C (Journal of Media and Culture) ‘Sorry.’
- Gilbert, H., T. KHOO, and J. Lo (eds). (2000) Journal of Australian Studies. ‘Diaspora: Negotiating Asian Australia.’ 24.65.